Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric chambers are used to improve the qualify of life for many people using 100% medical grade oxygen in a pressurized chamber. This treatment is known to help numerous medical conditions. For patients with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Lyme Disease, sports injuries, Migraine and Cluster headaches, Stroke and Traumatic Brain Injuries, HBOT has shown to improve their lives.
Benefits of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Increases plasma oxygen concentration 10 to 15 times.
- Enhances the body’s natural healing process.
- Provides oxygen to areas with compromised blood flow.
- Reduces swelling, inflammation, bruising, infection, scarring, and the recovery time from surgery and injury.
- Assists in the growth of new blood vessels.
- Enhances formation of collagen and new tissue growth.
- Improves immune system response.
- Recent studies show 79% of autistic children improved on many levels including communication, cognition, and motivation.
- Enhances white blood cells’ ability to destroy bacteria and fungi.
- Creates an unfavorable environment for anaerobic bacterium to live.
- Facilitates cellular detoxification.
- Studies suggest HBOT reawakens the dormant neurons that are alive but not functioning in and around the injured tissue of the brain.
- Improves brain cell function.
- Restores oxygen to depleted tissues and cells.
- Assists with impaired circulation.
- Recent studies suggest a common link among children with autism is chronic inflammation of areas of the brain and intestinal tract. The anti-inflammatory effects of hyperbaric oxygen make it an attractive treatment modality for autism.
- Recent studies in cardiovascular literature suggest that patients undergoing open heart surgery have better brain function if they receive hyperbaric oxygen prior to surgery.Benefits of HBOT